Did you know?
Fertility declines as women approach age 30
About 10% of women lose their fertility sooner than expected
About 1 in 20 men have male factor infertility
Factors causing infertility - 40% male, 40% female, and 20% combination
Men and women interested in learning and taking charge of their fertility status.
What is involved?
Simple tests that provide valuable information about your fertility potential. The tests consist of:
- For men: a semen analysis.
- For women: an AMH blood test and an ultrasound exam called Antral Follicle Count.
Why is Fertility Testing important?
Whether doing a semen analysis or an AMH blood test and an Antral Follicle Count, this program provides important information for individuals concerning their future fertility potential. It takes the guesswork and “what if’s” out of the equation so you can have peace of mind. If there are potential issues, you can address them early, armed with knowledge for maximum success.
Cost of Fertility Testing?
The program is provided at a special cash price of $90. (This is a cost savings of approximately $440). The $90 fee does not include a new patient consult. If you schedule a consult after your examinations, you will receive a $90 credit toward further Chicago IVF treatment. This is a cash fee; insurance will not be billed for this service.
You can have any of the tests (from the semen analysis to the AMH Blood Test and Antral Follicle Count) performed at one of Chicago IVF 5 different locations:
Chicago IVF has locations in:
- Orland Park
- St. Charles
How do I schedule an appointment?
Please call us at 1-866-483-2446 to schedule an appointment today.
About the fertility tests:
- A semen analysis is the main male fertility test available and evaluates a man’s sperm to discover causes of male infertility.
- An AMH blood test (Anti-Mullerian Hormone) uses a blood sample to measure the hormone substance produced by cells in the ovarian follicles. The blood levels will attempt to measure the remaining female egg supply. With increasing female age, the size of her pool decreases along with AMH levels.
- An antral follicle count exam is a simple test using high quality ultrasound equipment. It allows us to evaluate a woman's supply of eggs for the future. Tests of ovarian reserve do not measure the quality of the eggs, only quantity.
Understand your Fertility Testing Results
Antral Follicle Count
10-20 Combined Both Ovaries
The testing performed by Chicago IVF’s Fertility Screening Program does not constitute formal medical advice. The ultrasound performed is strictly limited to screening of your ovarian reserve, and does not substitute for a formal pelvic ultrasound exam of your uterus and ovaries. If your Fertility Screening Program results are abnormal, it is advised to consult a physician. Further testing or treatment may be indicated. If you choose a Chicago IVF physician, all fees paid through the Fertility Screening Program will be credited to the initial consultation fee.
*References: World Health Organization, WHO, 5th Edition, Technical Manual, 2010